THE COMPLETE GUIDE TO CARPET CLEANING AT HOME
Carpet cleaning is hard work, but there seems to be no escaping from it especially if you have children or pets.
There is one thing or two you may not know about carpet cleaning: that you can easily get it done on your own without hurting your wallet.
Removing carpet stains can be tiring, that’s why we have got some tips under our sleeves that will help you deep clean your carpet as much as possible.
For starters, you’ll need:
Baking soda or dish soap (or deep cleaning products if you have some money to spend on)
An old toothbrush (or any type of brush), clean towel or old clothes, and a bucket
The step-by-step guide to deep clean carpet stains:
1. Fill your bucket with warm water and get all the cleaning tools ready.
2. Vacuum the area you want to clean to first get rid of dirt and dust.
3. Sprinkle baking soda until stain is completely covered.
If you’re using dish soap, measure the stain’s size and use 1 tablespoon per 6-8 inches of stain.
4. Rub it until you see bubbles.
5. Use an old toothbrush or similar cleaning tools to scrub the stain with warm water.
6. Remember not to soak the area with water!
7. Use fans to dry the carpet. If you don’t have access to fans, just open the windows and let the winds do the job.
8. Vacuum again after the carpet’s gone dry.
And that’s it, your carpet is now free of stains!
However, removing stains does not necessarily mean your carpet is thoroughly cleaned. Carpets needs to be vacuumed twice a week to reduce dirt and dust and professionally cleaned at least once every 6-12 months.
Want to make sure your carpet is completely clean? We can surely help!